Jessica John offers progressive technical and artistic coaching on most static aerial apparatuses. Her coaching and choreographic style emphasizes strength and innovation, and employs techniques learned through a decade of research spanning the globe. Jessica uses her skills as a GYROTONIC® and GYROKINESIS® Trainer and a physical therapy aide as well as her Functional Movement Screen Level One certification to safely push performers and students beyond their perceived limits. Her coaches have included Rachel Walker, Brandy Leary, Emiliano Ron, Allie Cooper, and Leo Hedman. Jessica’s knowledge also extends more broadly to static trapeze, lyra, cloudswing, strap loop, traditional straps, handbalancing, and active flexibility. Jessica is available to teach private lessons, group classes, and special events.
Jessica teaches group classes and private lessons out of the Trapeze School of New York-DC and Elements Fitness and Wellness Center in Washington, DC, Studio 180 Dance in Annapolis, MD, Forever Dancing Ballroom and Monarca in Flight in Falls Church, VA, C2Air in Herndon, VA, and Ashburn in Academy of Dance in Ashburn, VA. She directs Studio 180’s Aerial Company, an incubator for local youth talent. Jessica also coaches professionals in solo act creation for performances and competitions and helps aspiring artists develop compelling auditions for camps, professional programs, and competitions and festivals. Previous students have been accepted into camps like Circus Smirkus, professional programs at Ecole Nationale de Cirque, New England Center for Circus Arts, and San Diego Circus Center, and competitions and festivals like Cirque du Demain, Circus Stars USA, and the Aerial Acrobatic Arts Festival.
Looking for help meeting your technical or artistic goals? Schedule an in-person or online session.
Or join Jessica at an upcoming workshop near you. Or book a workshop at your studio.
- June 1, 2019 – Introduction to Aerial Straps – C2Air at DivaFit (Herndon, VA)
- June 22, 2019 – Handstand Handiwork on Dance Trapeze – The Flying Arts Collective (Toronto)
- August 24-26, 2019 – Various Workshops – Bird’s Nest Circus Arts (Buffalo, NY)
- August 27, 2019 – Various Workshops – Agora Arts (Ferndale, MI)
- September 6 & 9, 2019 – Various Workshops – Boulder Circus Center (Boulder, CO)
- September 7, 2019 – Various Workshops – Moth Contemporary Circus Center (Denver, CO)
- September 13-14, 2019 – Various Workshops – Versatile Arts (Seattle, WA)