Jessica John offers progressive technical and artistic coaching on most static aerial apparatuses. Her coaching and choreographic style emphasizes strength and innovation, and employs techniques learned through a decade of research spanning the globe. Jessica uses her skills as a GYROTONIC® Trainer and a physical therapy aide as well as her Functional Movement Screen Level One certification to safely push performers and students beyond their perceived limits. Her coaches have included Rachel Walker, Brandy Leary, Emiliano Ron, and Leo Hedman. Jessica’s knowledge also extends more broadly to static trapeze, lyra, cloudswing, strap loop, traditional straps, handbalancing, and active flexibility. Jessica is available to teach private lessons, group classes, and special events.
Jessica teaches group classes and private lessons out of TSNY in Washington, DC, Studio 180 Dance in Annapolis, MD, Forever Dancing Ballroom in Falls Church, VA, and C2Air in Herndon, VA. She directs Studio 180’s Aerial Company, an incubator for local youth talent. Jessica also coaches professionals in solo act creation for performances and competitions and helps aspiring artists develop compelling auditions for camps and professional programs.
Looking for help meeting your technical or artistic goals? Schedule an in-person or online session.
Or join Jessica at an upcoming workshop near you:
- March 22-April 26, 2018 – Unique Inversions on Fabric & Rope – TSNY (Washington, DC)
- April 28, 2018 – Unique Inversions on Rope: Twisting, Threading, and Looping Mid-Effort – In the Dark Circus Arts (Baltimore, MD)
- April 29, 2018 – Torque: A Spinning Workshop on Dance Trapeze – Monarca in Flight (Falls Church, VA)
- April 29, 2018 – String Theory: Double Loop – Monarca in Flight (Falls Church, VA)
- July 24-30, 2018 – Technical Tune-Up Intensive – Aerial Works (Castle Rock, CO)